Sunday 21 April 2013

The Legend of Kawasaki

I called it all along. 

Through all the excitement of the Marlins trade, the Dickey swap (I hope that didn't sound dirty), the Melkman deal (that could also be dirty, I suppose), canuckleheads nationwide completely overlooked the acquisition of a legend in the making - forget "in the making." Munerori Kawasaki is a legend.

Defense. Motorcycle manufacturing. Cheap Japanese base hits. #Bowviste? What's not to love?

Dances at the command of King Felix (lookoutlanding.com) 

Wait a minute... I found something not to love. I'm almost certain he's playing over his head. Listen. I hate to burst your huge Adam Jones bubble. But Kawasaki might not be around for long.

He hit an unimpressive .192 with Seattle last year with little to no pop. And we ain't talkin' bout those Japanese fruit drink pops (those are damn tasty though)!

In the end, production, not flavour is needed. Kawasaki might not fit the bill. I would be thrilled with a close to .300 OBP, assuming he makes all the plays in the field. 

Now we wait for the stylish Reyes and his scarf to come back from the DL. Until then, hope that Kawasaki continues to fill the gap - because it might not happen.

Leave a comment! Now! Don't disappoint Henry Blanco. Elders don't like to be disappointed. 





No comments:

Post a Comment